Exploring the convergence of the metaverse with the real life practice of architecture. We will explore case studies of RL Architects, Urban Planners, Developers and related fields who are interested in using SL as a professional tool. We will also follow the theory, ideas, predictions and technology that will enable this evolution.

10.20.2006

Architect Writes Science Fiction about VR in Professional Pracitce - via Gwyneth Llewelyn

THIS STORY provides an interesting glimpse into an architect's perception of how the future will transform the practice of architecture. I think the dates he predicts are a bit distant though. He suggests that his fictitious firm started using virtual reality in 2014. I predict hundreds of firms will be using some form of it by the end of 2008.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Miguel Krippahl said...

First of all, thank you for the link.
As an architect, and a BIM teacher (and a long time computer addict and sf reader), the merging of real and virtual holds a special interest with me. I have talked many times with Gwyneth Llewelyn about joining Second Life, and I probably will by the end of next month (as soon as I can get Broadband at home).
I will certainly drop by, so you can fill me in on the details.
best
Miguel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home